Cardinal Health is committed to diversity in our supplier base. We believe diversity is a differentiating strength for our organization and our customers; therefore, it is our policy to develop and foster strategic business relationships with large and small businesses owned by ethnic minorities,?women, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) and veterans. This policy extends to Alaskan Native Corporations, Sheltered Workshops and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
We look for suppliers that not only add value to our organization, but also align themselves with the same?standards and values?as Cardinal Health. Through our diverse supplier relationships, we strive to:
- Deliver exceptional customer-driven, diverse supplier solutions that meet or exceed expectations
- Identify and integrate best-in-class diverse suppliers into our supply chain
- Offer diverse suppliers the maximum, practicable opportunity to compete for business
- Mentor and develop diverse suppliers for additional opportunities
- Support economic growth and sustainability through job creation and business expansion
Our customers expect Cardinal Heath to be inclusive - in fact, our government and many of our private-sector businesses require it. For our organization, maintaining a diverse supplier base spurs competition, generates innovative thinking and facilitates the exchange of ideas that have the potential to produce value-added solutions. To further reinforce our commitment to supplier diversity, we encourage our suppliers to partner with diverse suppliers in their business operations and report their resulting Tier II diverse spend back to us.
To further reinforce our commitment to supplier diversity, we encourage our suppliers to partner with diverse suppliers in their business operations and report their resulting Tier II diverse spend back to us. For more information about commitment to supplier diversity, please read our?Vendor Code of Conduct.